Founded in the beginning of the year 2006,
Bulgarian Society for Cell Biology (BGSCB)
is a professional society serving the cell biology, also adipobiology and neurobiology, community of collegues devoted to the excellence of research, education, and friendship.
The Society is a member of the International Federation for Cell Biology.
Chairman: George N. Chaldakov, MD, PhD
Secretary: Anton B. Tonchev, MD, DSc
Most Honorary Member: Rita Levi-Montalcini, Nobel prize winner-1986 for the discovery of NGF (nerve growth factor)
Honorary Members: 15 internationally recognized scientists
On behalf of the Society the following main activities are developing:
1. Publication of two international journals based in Bulgaria:
- (i) Biomedical Reviews – since 1992 “broadcasting” state-of-the-science (SOS) knowledge in cell biology of disease, and
- (ii) Adipobiology – since 2009 presenting SOS knowledge in adipose tissue in health and disease.
2. Organization of International Symposia on Adipobiology and Adipopharmacology (ISAA) – since 2007; the 3rd ISAA will be held 25 – 2 7 October 2012 in Burgas, Bulgaria.
3. Organization of Biomedical Forum – since 1990, an university program of CME (continuing medical education).
The signature of BGSCB:
The joy of doing science and education is a supreme kind of brain-and-heart devotion and friendship (friendomics).